Frédéric Poirier joined the firm in 2006.
He represents public, parapublic and private sector employers before civil courts and administrative labour tribunals. He also acts as a spokesperson for employers in collective bargaining and advises them on labour relations and occupational health and safety matters.
- Public freedoms and human rights
- Negotiation of collective agreements
- Accreditation disputes
- Financing and compensation for accidents at work
- Job evaluation
- Judicial supervision of labor courts
- Individual employment contracts and labor standards
- Termination and disciplinary measures
- Grievance and dispute arbitration
- Salary equity
- Pension and benefit plans
- Occupational health and safety prevention
Barreau du Québec
LL.L. (magna cum laude)
University of Ottawa
Mtre Poirier was awarded numerous distinctions and a scholarship in recognition of his academic achievement. He was on the Dean’s List at the University of Ottawa and graduated magna cum laude.
Gaston Descôteaux Prize
Goodman Phillips Vineberg Prize
Desjardins Ducharme Stein Monast Prize
French Embassy Prize
Marcel Beaudry Prize
Affiliations & Activities
Publications - books
Co-author of Les relations de travail au Québec (Public et privé), published by Wolters Kluwer.
Co-author of La preuve et procédure en arbitrage de grief, les aspects juridiques, 2nd edition, published by Wilson Lafleur, 2021.
Co-author of Santé et sécurité au travail, published by LexisNexis.
Author of numerous articles related to his areas of expertise on the Wolters Kluwer website.
He is also frequently invited to speak in various contexts related to his fields of practice.