Frédéric Poirier joined Bélanger Sauvé in 2006. He is a firm partner and the coordinator of the Labor and Employment Law group.
He represents public, parapublic and private sector employers before civil courts and administrative labour tribunals. He also acts as a spokesperson for employers in collective bargaining and advises them on labour relations and occupational health and safety matters.
- Public freedoms and human rights
- Dispute resolution, litigation, mediation or arbitration
- Dismissal and disciplinary measures
- Individual employment contracts and labor standards
- Judicial review of labour tribunal decisions
- Pay equity
- Job evaluation
- Employment injuries (Indemnities and financing)
- Certification disputes
- Negotiation of collective agreements
- Prevention in Occupational Health and Safety
- Remuneration, pension plans and other employee benefits
Barreau du Québec
LL.L. (magna cum laude)
University of Ottawa
Mtre Poirier was awarded numerous distinctions and a scholarship in recognition of his academic achievement. He was on the Dean’s List at the University of Ottawa and graduated magna cum laude.
Gaston Descôteaux Prize
Goodman Phillips Vineberg Prize
Desjardins Ducharme Stein Monast Prize
French Embassy Prize
Marcel Beaudry Prize
Affiliations & Activities
Publications - books
Co-author of Les relations de travail au Québec (Public et privé), published by Wolters Kluwer.
Co-author of La preuve et procédure en arbitrage de grief, les aspects juridiques, 2nd edition, published by Wilson Lafleur, 2021.
Co-author of Santé et sécurité au travail, published by LexisNexis.
Author of numerous articles related to his areas of expertise on the Wolters Kluwer website.
He is also frequently invited to speak in various contexts related to his fields of practice.