Étienne Rivet-Dumontet joined Belanger Sauvé’s Labour and Employment Group in 2022. Previously, he was in private practice and worked as a lawyer for a government body in the Montreal area.
In his practice, Mtre Rivet-Dumontet advises and assists employers in various labour relations issues. He actively participates in the representation of clients by preparing cases and the necessary documentation, conducting legal research and drafting legal opinions.
He is actively involved with the next generation of lawyers as well as with the firm’s clientele by participating in conferences, training sessions and workshops.
He holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the Université de Montréal and is currently completing a graduate degree in dispute prevention and resolution at the Université de Sherbrooke.
- Certification disputes
- Dismissal and disciplinary measures
- Employment injuries (Indemnities and financing)
- Grievance and dispute arbitration
- Individual employment contracts and labor standards
- Job evaluation
- Judicial review of labour tribunal decisions
- Negotiation of collective agreements
- Pay equity
- Prevention in Occupational Health and Safety
- Remuneration, pension plans and other employee benefits
Barreau du Québec
DESS (post-graduate degree) in dispute prevention and resolution
Preparing cases for proper representation of the interests of Bélanger Sauvé clients.
Drafting legal opinions.
Conducting legal research.
Affiliations & Activities
Member of the Young Bar Association of Montréal